Swedwatch/EEB/ClientEarth webinar on Sustainable Public Procurement – identified barriers and the way forward
Tid 24 November 2023 10:00 – 12:00
Plats On line
The webinar will focus on practical experiences in Stockholm and Barcelona with regard to sustainable public procurement and address potential legal issues public buyers may encounter.
Two fundamental questions will drive the discussion:
- How to unleash the potential for sustainable public procurement by integrating both environmental and social dimensions?
- Is the current European policy framework conducive for sustainable public procurement?
If of interest to you, please read more and register HERE.
• Welcome remarks – ClientEarth, EEB and Swedwatch
• Different perspectives of challenges to achieving sustainable public procurement
1. Stockholm case study - Stockholm Regional Council: Linda Scott Jakobsson, Sustainability Strategist, Region Stockholm
2. Barcelona case study - City of Barcelona: Carla Canal Rosich, Policy Co ordinator, Directorate of Global Justice and International Cooperation
3. The Future of EU Public Procurement Law: What Needs to Change for Sustainability? Willem Janssen, Professor of Public Procurement Law, Utrecht University, Groningen University
• Discussion led by moderator Sofia Käll, Programme Officer, responsilbe for Swedwatch´s work on public procurement